The numerous national parks lend itself to excellent game viewing in a desirable setting for those wishing to embark on an unforgettable safari.
Our trips are designed around the Northern section of the country and depart at Kilimanjaro International Airport. For those with more time on their hands then Zanzibar (just off the coast of the mainland) is a must and a super way to finish off your safari.
The hottest periods are between November and February and the coldest periods between May and August. We recommend planning your trip between June – July as this is the best time to view the migration across the Serengeti.
7 NIGHT 8 DAY SAFARI
Lake Manyara National Park
Olduvai Gorge, “The Cradle of Man”
Great Serengeti Plains
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Tarangire National Park
Arrive in Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
On arrival please look out for a board on which your names will be displayed
Overnight: Lodge Accommodation BB
LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast depart with packed lunch & drive to Lake Manyara National Park for game drives.
In the late afternoon we will arrive at our accommodation
Overnight: Lake Manyara Accommodation DBB
Today you leave for the Serengeti National Park., the
largest national park in Tanzania.
We stop en route at Olduvai – a paleoanthropological site in the eastern Serengeti Plain.
Afternoon game drive
This area has great prides of lion and many other species; including leopard, cheetah, hyena, elephant and
crocodile, as well as a large variety of antelope.
Overnight: Serengeti Camp DBB
DAY 4 & 5
Full day exploring this vast wildlife sanctuary and tracking the game.
A packed lunch is enjoyed en route.
These two days will be a super opportunity for those who enjoy wildlife photography.
Overnight: Serengeti Camp DBB
NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA
After breakfast we depart for the Ngorongoro Conservation Area for another unique wildlife experience.
The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the world’s ‘natural wildlife wonders’ and was declared a World Heritage Site in 1978.
The crater is 10 miles across and 2000 feet deep, it is said to be home to some 30 000 wildlife residents and has been called the ‘worlds largest zoo’! Here you can find lion, zebra, wildebeest, a variety of antelope, cheetah, monkey, baboon and some of the
largest bull elephant in Africa today. It is also here you have the chance of seeing the highly endangered Black Rhino.
We descend down the crater for a 6 hour Crater Tour
In the afternoon we ascend back to the Crater Rim & travel to our accommodation.
Overnight: Ngorongoro Accommodation DBB
TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast we depart for Tarangire National Park for the final game drive of our Tanzanian leg of the journey.
This is the sixth largest park in Tanzania and is located in the Manyara region. The park got its name from the Tarangire River that
passes through it, which is the only water source for wildlife during the dry seasons. During the dry season you will find herds of up to 300 elephants scratching the dry riverbed for underground streams.
We arrive at our accommodation in the afternoon.
Overnight: Tented Lodge DBB
This morning you will be transferred to Kilimanjaro Airport.
Arrive at the airport in the afternoon for your flight home.
(For those wishing to lengthen their trip and visit Zanzibar this can be added).
5 NIGHTS 6 DAYS
- Great Serengeti Plains
- Olduvai Gorge, “The Cradle of Man”
- Masai Manyata (village)
- Ngorongoro Crater
The annual wildebeest migration of herds in Northern Tanzania and Kenya is one of the world’s most spectacular wildlife events.
Often referred to as the ‘Greatest Show on Earth’, The Great Wildebeest Migration is a movement of approximately 1.5 million wildebeest and zebra throughout the Serengeti and Masai Mara ecosystems.
Despite the wealth of maps and illustrations showing the path of the migrating herds, as with anything in nature, the actual day to day pattern is unpredictable. We have studied and planned itineraries to fit in with the moving herds for many years, but cannot hope to say exactly where they will be next year!
Day 1 – Arusha
- On arrival at Arusha Airport you will be met by our representative and transferred to your Hotel/Guest House .
- Afternoon at leisure to explore Arusha.
Overnight: Arusha Hotel/Guest House BB
Day 2 – Arusha to Serengeti
- Today you leave for the Great Serengeti Plains and the 6 000 sq miles of the Serengeti National Park, home of the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth – the Great Wildebeest Migration.
- The migration consists of some 300 000 wildebeest and 350 000 zebra and, at this time of the year your luxury lodge should be in the midst of all this activity. Besides the migration, this area has great prides of lion and many other species; including leopard, cheetah, hyena, elephant, crocodile, as well as large variety of antelope.
- Collected from your hotel and transferred for your scheduled flight departing for the Serengeti.
- You will be met on arrival at the airstrip.
- Morning Game Drive en – route to the Lodge.
- Afternoon Game Viewing with sundowners en route.
Overnight: Lodge accommodation DBB
Day 3 & Day 4 – Central Serengeti
- Early morning Game Drive into the Serengeti.
- Afternoon Game Drive in the Serengeti National Park.
- The wildlife defines the Serengeti-countless zebra; buffalo, gazelle, wildebeest and other species make it their home. The terrain is the main stage for the great wildebeest migration, an awesome spectacle involving millions of these beasts.
Overnight: Serengeti Lodge accommodation DBB
Day 5 – Serengeti to Ngorongoro
- This morning we are off on your next wildlife adventure! You leave the great plains of the Serengeti for one of the worlds natural wildlife wonders, the Ngorongoro Crater. The crater is 10 miles across and 2 000 feet deep, it said to be home to some 30 000 wildlife residents. On the way we will stop off at the Oduvai Gorge, the Cradle of Mankind, where Dr Louis Leakey discovered the early remains of our ancestors. We will also visit a Masai Manyata (village), to understand how this warrior tribe has lived for hundreds of years.
- Early morning Game Drive in the Serengeti.
- Return to the Lodge for late breakfast.
- Depart for the Ngorongoro Crater.
- After picnic lunch, we continue our journey through the Great Rift Valley and the central Serengeti plains climbing to the altitude of 8,000 feet. You continue to ascend to the exterior of the crater reaching its rim and here your first glimpse of what has often been referred to as the “Eighth wonder of the World.”
- Arrive early evening at the Ngorongoro Crater.
Overnight: Lodge accommodation DBB
Day 6 – Ngorongoro Crater
- Today we descend to the floor of the crater and have an experience of a lifetime, as you watch the thousands of game that Africa has to offer. The unique eco-system supports the delicate balance of predator and prey in the endless quest for survival. Picnic lunch boxes will be served by the hippo pool. As the sun sets on the western side of the crater rim ascend and return to the Lodge.
Overnight: Lodge Accommodation DBB
Day 7 – Ngorongoro Crater/Arusha
- After breakfast depart for Arusha.